In light of recent events concerning COVID-19 and also NWPA Job Connect’s mission to continue to be innovative, we would like to announce the additional options to connect with Northwest PA CareerLink® services. Customers, both job seekers and employers will now have the option to contact Northwest PA CareerLink® via Skype and FaceTime.
This technology will enable staff to connect with clients that they may not have been able to connect with due to the closures and social distancing as well as living miles away. Mobile one-on-one service has been in place for some time in the six-county region that includes Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Venango and Warren Counties.
PA CareerLink® can also be reached at:
(814) 853-5254 or (814) 853-5829
CRAWFORD, VENANGO, CLARION, FOREST, WARREN COUNTIES:
(814) 323-0492 or (814) 323-7834
NWPA Workforce Development Area is now NWPA Job Connect!
The Northwest Workforce Development Area is pleased to announce that, going forward, the area will be known as NWPA Job Connect. The most recent legislation for the public workforce system shifted “workforce investment area” to “workforce development area.” Instead of branding for this new name, the Northwest decided to adopt a brand that is associated with our mission, connecting people with jobs.
The board staff’s emails have been changed to @nwpajobconnect.org and the website has been updated to www.nwpajobconnect.org. There will be some forwarding time allowed for emails, but we encourage you to update our contact information in your records as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated as we update our website and other communications.
What NWPA Job Connect Does:
The NWPA Job Connect advocates for a robust job-driven workforce system in Northwest Pennsylvania providing regional industry sector strategies and policies that will have a positive influence and impact to the local service delivery system.
Benefits To You:
- Eliminate the skills gap between training offerings and employer’s needs
- Engage in partnerships and initiatives to increase the skills of the current and future workforce
- Prepare jobseekers for employment opportunities
- Talent pipeline development for specific industries
- Training for soft skills and industry-related education modules
- Employment Placement Resources in the PA CareerLink®
- Rapid Response Resources to assist dislocated workers
- Build educational capacity by identifying and supporting training opportunities
Proudly Serving Northwest Pennsylvania
Click on a specific region to access additional county information