In light of the recent developments with COVID-19 NWPA Job Connect has pulled together some resources to better serve our customers. NW PA CareerLink® services are available to help your friends and family that have lost a job. Please have them call 814-455-9966 x0 to schedule an appointment for a FaceTime, Skype, Facebook messenger call, or an appointment with social distancing or use of a limited number of computers. Please also see the below information:
NWPA Workforce Development Area is now NWPA Job Connect!
The Northwest Workforce Development Area is pleased to announce that, going forward, the area will be known as NWPA Job Connect. The most recent legislation for the public workforce system shifted “workforce investment area” to “workforce development area.” Instead of branding for this new name, the Northwest decided to adopt a brand that is associated with our mission, connecting people with jobs.
The board staff’s emails have been changed to @nwpajobconnect.org and the website has been updated to www.nwpajobconnect.org. There will be some forwarding time allowed for emails, but we encourage you to update our contact information in your records as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated as we update our website and other communications.
What NWPA Job Connect Does:
The NWPA Job Connect advocates for a robust job-driven workforce system in Northwest Pennsylvania providing regional industry sector strategies and policies that will have a positive influence and impact to the local service delivery system.
Benefits To You:
- Eliminate the skills gap between training offerings and employer’s needs
- Engage in partnerships and initiatives to increase the skills of the current and future workforce
- Prepare jobseekers for employment opportunities
- Talent pipeline development for specific industries
- Training for soft skills and industry-related education modules
- Employment Placement Resources in the PA CareerLink®
- Rapid Response Resources to assist dislocated workers
- Build educational capacity by identifying and supporting training opportunities
Proudly Serving Northwest Pennsylvania
Click on a specific region to access additional county information